Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Shop - Progress Update

I came up with the idea to open my own Etsy shop in April of this year. Since then I have spent approximately 100 hours researching Etsy, small businesses, photography, crafting, and the potential market for my jewelry display boxes.

This weekend I worked on filling in a few gaps in my boxes with wood filler and sanding them to perfection. This week I will be painting and working on stenciling some designs I've found. My camera recently died (RIP), but I want to keep my blog posts going until I can get a replacement.

I'm hoping to do a soft opening of my Etsy shop during the Christmas break and will keep you posted on my progress.

If you read this and are also working on a big project, how are you doing? What are you working on now?

(Pillow from www.pillowfarmer.etsy.com. Isn't it fabulous?)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier. :)

    It sounds like you're putting huge amounts of effort into your Etsy shop and its products! Hope the launch goes smoothly for you and you get some sales early on, these things can take time. You've certainly done the groundwork by the sound of it!

    How wonderful that you live on a sailboat, that must be an amazing experience! Yoga is something I've been meaning to try again for ages. I tried about 10 years ago and sort of petered out after a couple of months, but I really believe its one of the best ways to keep your body healthy. I admire those yogis who look so flexible even when they're in their 50's, 60's, and older still!

    Linda. xx :)

    ReplyDelete