Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ecstatic! First Jewelry Display Box Complete!

Wow. I did it.



I completed the first 100% handmade version of my idea. It was fascinating to create something I had been thinking about for so long, and to see it turn out so well!



I learned so much in the process of just making one of these babies. I can't wait to implement what I learned on the next one. A few of my friends decided to do a craft swap this summer, so this version was mailed off yesterday to the girl I got in the swap.

I went with purple because it is her favorite color. The next one is going to be done in a deep blue for another friend's birthday. I want to have a few under my belt before I start selling them on Etsy.

I still can't believe I did it! Go me!!

2 comments:

  1. I just clicked over and read that you are opening an etsy shop -- whoohoo! You go girl! I am an etsy junkie myself! Just about everything we get for Zach comes from etsy.
    I will be following closely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig this very much and may order one from you! Let me know if you ever want any crazy paints or special finishes since faux finishes are my job and I'm pretty great at them . .

    ReplyDelete